In my third decade of world class service in hospitality and production
Training and development for better service tomorrow
The Millennium Years - 2000 - present
Venues, Consulting Projects and Accounts
Empowered Concepts, llc • September 2013 – present Miami, FL
Start up consulting company. Clients include marketing and managing a nightlife entertainment venue in Miami and the controller of a popular nightclub in the same complex. Current position: Owner.
Space Nightclub • February 2010 – January 2016 Miami, FL
Just voted the number one dance club in America by the International Dance Music Awards. Current position: Director of Operations.
Miami Beach Gay Pride • June 2011 – June 2012 Miami, FL
Executive producer for this annual non-for-profit festival. 2012 attendance 60000.
Team Boot Camp Leader • March 2011 Miami, FL
Worked with the owner of Space Nightclub to create a five-week service-training program for over 250 employees. I wrote, produced and co-lead this event.
Mova Lounge • June 2010 – June 2012 Miami beach, Fl
Premiere gay lounge in the heart of South Beach: operations and Marketing consultant.
SVEDKA Vodka • February 2010 – April 2011 Miami, FL
Working directly with the state brand manager in creating bar programs, their annual Food and Wine Industry event and their Thanksgiving Eve Event.
Source Events • March 2010 – present Miami, FL
I am an on site event manager for Source Events a leader in gay luxury travel for over ten years. Events managed include Gay Pride Cruise 2010 and two all-inclusive excursions to the Dominican Republic for 150 guests.
Go Big Productions • October 2010, March 2011, April 2013 Miami beach, FL
CFO and COO for Go Big Productions which produces “Masquerade Presents Swedish House Mafia.” These are outdoor-tented electronic music festivals with attendances from 7000 – 15,000.
Surfcomber Pool Parites, llc • March 2010 – present Miami Beach, FL
I am the CFO and COO for this production company that produces no less than nine (9) pool parties at Surfcomber Hotel Miami Beach. Including Winter Music Conference Week, Miami Music Conference week and Forth of July.
MIA Biscayne • October 2009 – January 2010 Miami, FL
Operations and restaurant manager for a high-end Latin restaurant located in downtown Miami.
Trio Restaurant Palm Springs • September 2009 Palm Springs, Ca
Opening operations and marketing consultant for the now most successful restaurant in Palm Springs.
Exit 66 Nightclub • October 2008 – September 2009 Ft Lauderdale, Fl
General manager for this mixed use venue including a restaurant, outdoor pool deck and nightclub right on Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd on beautiful Fort Lauderdale Beach.
Tiesto at Constitution Park • July 2008 Hartford, Ct
Onsite operations director for this 20,000 person electronic event at the centrally located Constitution Park in Hartford.
Cameo Nightclub • February 2007 – MAY 2008 Miami Beach, Fl
Taking the old crobar Miami Beach space, gutting it and reviving it as a contemporary nightclub lounge. I served as the opening general manager, lead trainer and CFO.
Crobar NEW YORK • December, 2003 – February, 2007 Chelsea, NEW YORK City
Taking crobar to new heights in a 39,000 sq ft warehouse, this club was touted as reviving nightlife in Manhattan. I trained the opening staff and prepared them for creating a customer-service experience second to none.
Crobar Chicago • October 2003 – May 2008 Weed St Triangle/Lincoln Park, Chicago
Re-model of the original, and still going strong after 15 years. I was the opening service manager and lead trainer.
Crobar Miami Beach • December 1999 - May 2006 Miami Beach, FL
The continuation of a legend in a historic art deco theater in the heart of South Beach, this mega dance club put the crobar brand on the map. I started as opening marketing director and ended as the general manager.
Winter Party Sunday at the Cameo Miami Beach 2000 – 2008
Onsite manager for this annual Gay fundraising event.
White Party Sunday at the Cameo Miami Beach 2000 – 2007
Onsite manager for this annual Gay fundraising event.
Anthem Miami Beach 2000 – 2005
Weekly dance party that ran every Sunday for 5 years in South Beach.
G.L.E.E. Club 1992 – 2002
Weekly dance club event that ran every Sunday for 10 years in Chicago.
Sunday Brunch at OoLaLa! 1989 – 2000
A weekly neighborhood tradition for over 10 years.
• Dennis Rodman’s birthday – May 1997 (before the wedding incident)
• Britney Spears underage at a club – 1998 (before the haircut)
• Uma Thurman needing a pick-me-up – 1998 (right after Batman Returns and way before Kill Bill 1 or 2)
• J.Lo partying at crobar South Beach – 2003 (the night she was supposed to marry Ben Affleck)
• Matt Damon meets his wife Lucy, a crobar Miami Beach employee – 2003 (can someone tell Us Weekly to stop calling me?)
• Broke up a fight with Girls Gone Wild creator Joe Francis – 2007 (made it to Page Six two days in a row)
• Born in Toronto, Canada in 1968, the summer of love, this dynamic bilingual man is always looking for the next level. Over 20 years of experience in the hospitality industry, in a variety of venues, makes me one of the most versatile and well-rounded professionals in the business. If I were a supermodel my goal would be the cover of Vogue, being a super-manager my goal is a project that can challenge and forward me. I believe in loving the act of serving and leading. That belief has been a passion of mine my whole life. I love going to bed at night knowing that I have done a good job and that I changed (for the better) someone’s life.
• My life journeys have constantly lead me to new and wild paths. I love to learn and believe that being a great teacher can only come from being an awesome student.
• I am a man of respect. I was raised by two farmer immigrants from Italy that were raised with the belief that you have children so that they can work the land. I am very grateful to have grown up in a bilingual working class home. I was raised to love to work, and I received the added benefit of a great American education. The combination of the two lends to someone ready, willing and able to create, manage, lead and control at the same time.
• Being raised Italian also has given me the gift of eating well. Metaphorically, it’s not just food but also eating the riches of life’s loves, gifts and friendships. I take on my kitchen like I take on my life, a cup of dedication, an ounce of prevention, a pinch of eccentricity and a pound of passion. The love of bringing it all together is what keeps me grateful and going.
• This is now your opportunity to work with someone who has the same level of dedication that you have for your business. I own what I do. It comes at great costs, personally and professionally, but sacrifice is a word in my vocabulary.
• Advisory Board for Open Hand Chicago – 1992 – 1994
• Board of Directors for Howard Brown Memorial Clinic – 1995
• Advisory Board for Hearts Foundation Chicago – 2001
• Miami Beach Gay Pride Executive Producer - 2012
Skills, experiences and exceptions
• Opening and pre-opening General Manager (nightclubs and restaurants)
• Opening and pre-opening Marketing Director (nightclubs and restaurants)
• Lead Service Trainer for the company.
• Created training programs for the company.
• Co – lead decorator on the Cameo Miami Beach project
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Proficient in QuickBooks Pro and Peachtree
• Managed all emails (creating, deleting and managing) with the I.T. associate for crobar.com and crobar nightclubs.
• Managed law issues and liability lawsuits that have arisen over the years at the major nightclubs
• Managed insurance issues including DRAM shop and liability insurance issues for most of the major nightclubs and restaurants.
• H&R Director
• Production Manager
• Art Director on many ad campaigns
• VIP Director
• Service Manager
• Master of Ceremonies at New Years, Gay Pride and other large events
• Promoter / Host as needed
• Managed time sheets and payroll
• Beverage Manager
• Sponsorship Manager
• Account Marketing Executive
• Advertising buying and placement